Monday, August 13, 2007

cry baby cry

There is so much to be said, but unfortunately of the three main positions bodies may usually find themselves in--lying, sitting, or standing--sitting happens to be the one that is most painful and most directed by my doctors to not do. Sitting also happens to be the position most required for blog posting, so there will not be much to this.

To sum up: The surgery was about seven hours. It went about as well as it could. The stay in the hospital had its ups and downs. My pain medication type and dosage was switched a few times and at times it was great, and at others I didn't understand how anybody ever willed themselves to live through post-op procedures. Hospital food is as bad as everyone jokes about it being. Some nurses are amazing and helpful and caring and considerate; other nurses make you cry. Also making you cry = anesthesia. Hello emotions. My family and friends are completely awesome in every way and every visit or text or phone call or card or gift or online message has done a big part in helping me get through each day and feel like it's not a struggle I have to go through alone. I came home Saturday. That was earlier than expected. It is hard work doing the normal things I'm supposed to do, but good work. Chocolate is delicious. Pain meds are finicky. I've gained about two inches, as the doctor predicted. I'm officially Tall. It hurts a lot, both frequently and deeply, but the parts of me that matter most are feeling completely peaceful and happy and relieved and grateful.

Also, I'm not at work today.

More to come, I promise.

15 comments:

Tiffany and Brad said...

Don't cry too much.

Matsby said...

Nice to have an update. I can't believe you are home already. Wow!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went well! If you don't want your two inches, I'll take them.

Judy Neil said...

I have some special gifts to bring you when you are feeling up for a visit. Let me know. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I tried to send you a couple of text messages but my phone was being weird so I'm not sure you got them. I think it's great that you're already at home because being stuck in the hospital is not so fun.

B. said...

I also tried to send you a text but it didn't work because I don't have a phone.

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

I know you are hurting but you are a tough girl (at least you always tell me you are.) Hang in there and I am sure you will feel that it has been worth it in the end.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Look at all these people who care about you and are praying for your speedy recovery! That includes me! You are loved Tracy Keck! Hang in there - it gets better (coming from someone who spent 6 weeks in the hospital and relearned to walk when I was 20). I like you tall! I like you! Love - Sister Cheney

aporitic said...

Laying is totally better than sitting, anyhow.

Here's to walking, and to walking tall.

Chap said...

Will have to rename your blog the straight and narrow path?

I am so proud of you and I think tall is beautiful

Christine Theodore

Anonymous said...

Love you Tracy... I hope you're doing better and better each day.

-Janae

Betancourt Family said...

Trace, I'm SO Behind, I had no clue about the surgery...I know this is super late but I hope that your meds are working up to par and that you bed is covered with lots of soft and fluffy things. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Tracy it's been a month...

Update!!! - Janae

Matsby said...

Update blog please.

Kris said...

are you going to update before the new season of the office?